Commercial Lending Schools: building leadership, rebuilding commercial lending success.
The Commercial Lending Schools take a leadership approach to the complex challenges you face each day.
American Bankers Association
Commercial Lending Schools
Virtual, Online Program
April 21 - May 21, 2021
Advanced Commercial Lending School
May 5, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 2021
The ABA Advanced Commercial Lending School enhances the
portfolio management skills of bankers who manage or plan to
manage others in the delivery of business lending. The program
features the same fast-paced, dynamic learning environment as the
Foundational curriculum—all focused on advanced application. This
school teaches practical strategies you need to address complex
- Study high level credit risk management, loan portfolio management, loan and transfer pricing, and more.
- Define your bank's strategy for setting risk.
- Explore economic and regulatory changes affecting your bank.
- Understand the market impacts that drive a bank’s lending strategy.
"I returned a more confident banker, willing and eager to pursue opportunities for my bank, leading to increased quality loan growth and the resulting profitability."
- Doug Robertson, President, Cadence Bank
- Banking, the Economy and Credit Outlook
- Credit Risk Management: Tools and Techniques
- CRE Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management Case Studies
- Global Debt and Contingent Liability Analysis
- Effective Collections and Bankruptcy
- Fraud II: Methods, Detection and Prevention
- Avoiding Lending Liability Issues
- Strategic Loan Pricing
- CRE Valuation Management
- Portfolio Stress Testing
- Participations and Syndications
- Lending Leadership: A Question of Balance
Upon completing the School, you will earn the ABA Advanced Commercial Lending School Certificate.
Note: The optional online pre-program workshop, ABA Financial Statement Analysis for Lenders is open to Advanced Commercial Lending School students in need of a refresher.